Broadcast Engineer – Windsor ON
Blackburn Radio is looking for a talented broadcast engineer to join our engineering group in southwestern Ontario. The Engineering Group is responsible for the technical support of 13 radio stations located in London, Sarnia, Wingham, Chatham, Leamington and Windsor. Reporting to the Directors of Engineering and the local General Manager, this position will be responsible for the Leamington and Windsor branches. The broadcast engineer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all aspects of the radio stations technical operations from the computer systems and servers to the control room and transmitter equipment. As part of our team, the successful candidate will work mainly out of Windsor with travel and support to the other markets as required.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of audio and transmission equipment., computer equipment and associated servers, and networks.
- Maintenance of Wheatstone AoIP audio distribution system.
- Develop studio and transmitter projects in conjunction with the Directors of Engineering.
- Develop and maintain technical records and drawings using MS Excel and Visio.
- Maintain stock for engineering parts and supplies.
- Liaise with other departments on technical matters.
- 24hour OnCall response to emergencies.
- other duties as assigned by the Directors of Engineering.
- Graduate of recognized Broadcast Technician, Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
- Minimum 3 years experience as broadcast engineer or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with FM and AM transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and Local Area Networks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal support as part of a cooperative team in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive in maintenance and repair of studio and transmitter equipment.
- Proficiency with hand tools and soldering.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see projects and tasks through to completion.
- The successful candidate will hold a valid Ontario G driver’s license as some travel required to assist other branches as needed.
- Proficient in English, spoken and written.
- Must be physically fit and able to care out all duties and responsibilities safely and independently.
Blackburn Radio Inc. encourages diversity in the workplace. BRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your resume in confidence to [email protected]. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.