Blackburn Radio Inc. is looking for a passionate and dedicated person to work in our Sarnia-Lambton newsroom. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow as a journalist in a busy newsroom, providing content for three stations and the digital news network BlackburnNews.COM
Your duties will include, but not be limited to: newscasting, field and desk reporting, creating content for BlackburnNews.com, social media engagement, after-hours “on-call” coverage as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A diploma or degree in journalism from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Exceptional news judgment
- An ability to write clear and concise news stories for on-air and online presentation
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, dedicated individual with drive and exceptional work ethic
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A strong on-air sound
- A critical mind and willingness to dig for the story
- A valid driver’s license
Demo’s, resumes, and writing samples should be sent by April 5, 2021 to:
Subject line: Reporter/Anchor/Attention – Sue Storr
Those selected for interviews will be contacted
Blackburn Radio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and genders, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.