Blackburn Radio Inc has an exciting opportunity for a Broadcast Engineer in Windsor-Essex. Are you a highly motivated, self-driven person who can prioritize your own workflow while attending to the day-to-day engineering matters? Are you ready to join our Engineering team at Blackburn Radio?
- Repair and maintenance of AM and FM radio transmitters, antenna systems, audio consoles, and all broadcast related equipment
- Maintenance of Wheatstone AoIP audio distribution system.
- Maintenance of computer hardware/software, servers, and network.
- Design, installation and documentation of new computer systems
- Flexible schedule and 24 hour on-call response for emergencies
- Work week will be split between Windsor and Leamington offices, as well as travel to remote transmitters sites across Essex County.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as broadcast engineer or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with FM and AM transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and Local Area Networks.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with Wheatnet AoIP sytems, OMT MediaTouch, KLZ Newsroom, SDS and other radio-specific software an asset.
- Good working knowledge of networking in a windows environment, with IT and Networking experience.
- Experience with Watchguard Firewalls, Ubiquity Wireless, VLANs an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all climates
- MUST have initiative and organizational skills, be eager to learn, be flexible, and willing to help co-workers where required.
- Valid Class G license (clean driver’s abstract will be required)
- MUST have the ability to work under pressure. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, and ability to multi-task a variety of functions while prioritizing your own workload.
Send resume outlining education and work experience to email@example.com with the heading “Essex-Kent Engineer” by Friday January 22, 2021.
Blackburn Radio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and genders, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.