Blackburn Radio Inc. in Chatham is seeking part time promotions representatives/Summer Road Crew members to join our team as fun and energetic station ambassadors of all our stations. You will represent 94.3CKSY, CFCO 92.9 and 95.1 COOL FM at events in and around Chatham-Kent. Reporting to the Marketing and Promotions Manager, the successful candidate will love being the center of attention; interacting on Social Media; and making sure that Blackburn Radio’s stations are everywhere this summer!
Start Date: May 11 – September 7, 2020
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and the general public
- Attend events around Chatham-Kent throughout the summer.
- Maintain and create the Event Calendar for the summer, scheduling their time effectively within the hours allowed.
- Make updates/posts to station websites & social media accounts.
- Maintain promotional signage and handouts, equipment, prizes, station vehicles and storage area
- Attend all major station promotions, designated client promotions, and non-profit events as required
- Provide regular event feedback, including post-event wrap reports
- Strong knowledge of the Chatham-Kent area
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- Ability to work well as a team member, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available and willing to work nights and weekends, supervising station events
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), WordPress, Microsoft Software and video editing software an asset
- Post secondary graduation certificate from related broadcasting/PR/marketing course
- Previous experience in radio promotions
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Interested applicants are asked to email resumes by February 28, 2020 by 4:00 pm to:
ATTN: AMANDA THIBODEAU
Marketing & Promotions Manager – Blackburn Radio Inc. Chatham
117 Keil Dr., Chatham, ON N7M 5K1
Blackburn Radio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified Men, Women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.