Do you want to have the best summer job ever? Blackburn Radio Wingham is looking for part time Summer Cruisers members to join our team as fun and energetic station ambassadors of our stations. You will represent one of our stations CKNX AM 920, 101.7 the One or Classic Rock 94.5 at events across Midwestern Ontario. The successful candidates will love being the center of attention; broadcast live cutins; interact on social media; and make sure that Blackburn Radio stations are everywhere this summer!
- Work closely with Community Marketing and Promotions preparing a weekly schedule
- Attend station events and maximize station’s on-site presence at community events
- Driving the Summer Cruiser throughout Midwestern Ontario, primarily evenings and weekends
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and general public
- Update stations social media and website including photos and blogs
- Maintain upkeep of station vehicles (fuel, cleaning, etc) and promotional signage
- Write and record station cut-ins or do live cut-ins from events
- Complete summer cruiser report of weekly activities
- Additional duties as assigned by Community Marketing and Promotions
- Post-secondary education in media or marketing preferred but not necessary
- Valid G or G2 driver’s license with a Clean 3 year Ministry of Transportation abstract REQUIRED
- Strong organizational and time management skills, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well within a team and in a high paced environment
- A great attitude, highly creative and upbeat personality
- Strong social media skills
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- An understanding of Midwestern Ontario (Huron, Perth, Bruce, Grey and Wellington counties)
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume along with Ministry of Transportation drivers abstract in confidence to: Kelly Thomson, Promotions Manager at email@example.com
Please ensure that the subject line in your email is “Summer Cruiser” ONLY THOSE GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL HEAR FROM US.
Blackburn Radio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified Men, Women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.