Summer Patrol – Chatham Ontario
Position Title: Summer Road Crew Member (Part-Time Seasonal)
Department: Marketing and Promotions
Reports To: Marketing & Promotions Manager
Start Date: May 13 – September 2, 2019
Blackburn Radio Inc. in Chatham is seeking part time promotions representatives/Summer Road Crew members to join our team as fun and energetic station ambassadors of all our stations. You will represent 94.3CKSY, Country 92.9 and 95.1 COOL FM at events in and around Chatham-Kent. Reporting to the Marketing & Promotions Manager, the successful candidate will love being the center of attention; interacting on Social Media; and making sure that Blackburn Radio’s stations are everywhere this summer!
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and the general public
- Attend events around Chatham-Kent throughout the summer.
- Maintain and create the Event Calendar for the summer, scheduling their time effectively within the hours allowed.
- Make updates/posts to station websites & social media accounts.
- Maintain promotional signage and handouts, equipment, prizes, station vehicles and storage area
- Attend all major station promotions, designated client promotions, and non-profit events as required
- Provide regular event feedback, including post-event wrap reports
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong knowledge of the Chatham-Kent area
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- Ability to work well as a team member, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available and willing to work nights and weekends, supervising station events
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), WordPress, Microsoft Software and video editing software an asset
- Post secondary graduation certificate from related broadcasting/PR/marketing course
- Previous experience in radio promotions
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Interested applicants are asked to email resumes by March 29, 2019 by 4:00 pm to:
ATTN: AMANDA THIBODEAU
Marketing & Promotions Manager – Blackburn Radio Inc. Chatham
117 Keil Dr., Chatham, ON N7M 5K1
E-mail: [email protected]
Blackburn Radio Inc. encourages diversity in the workplace. BRI is an equal opportunity employer.