JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER – CHATHAM, ON
This position focuses on working collaboratively with other team members to build
websites, interfaces, and web applications in React and WordPress. You will also be
required to troubleshoot website errors and perform routine maintenance on existing
websites. Specifically, this includes:
- Working with the Senior Developer to build responsive websites and applications
- Planning and developing websites and web applications using WordPress and a
combination of stock and customized plugins.
- Building custom websites, applications and prototypes using whichever tools
(CMS’s, frameworks, libraries etc.) that suit the project requirements.
- Supporting existing projects through upgrades and new development.
- Deploying and managing projects through cloud hosting services like Digital
- Knowledge of basic web design / development standards, including experience
- Ability to troubleshoot website errors and perform routine maintenance on
- Familiarity with the WordPress CMS is preferred.
- Familiarity with React is preferred.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and console commands a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced,
customer-focused environment where prioritization and time management skills
- You enjoy being creative and solving real world problems while maintaining strict
attention to detail (even when managing multiple projects).
- You understand the importance of accountability and take ownership of your work.
- You are a natural communicator – whether in person, in writing or via social media. You can take a complex idea and effectively explain it to others.● You are professional, confident and enjoy being the digital expert – continually
learning about the latest new media tools and thinking about their application in
a real world setting.
- You enjoy being part of a fun, dynamic team who works hard and plays hard.
- You have a natural interest in music, pop culture and new media.
Minimum two-year diploma in web development, interactive media design and
development, or a related field.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with
the subject line `Chatham Junior Web Developer`. Only those considered for an
interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Blackburn Radio Inc. encourages diversity in the workplace. BRI is an equal opportunity
NOTE: Must have a valid G2 Driver's License – some driving will be