Broadcast Engineer – SW Ontario
Blackburn Radio is looking for a talented broadcast engineer to join our engineering team in southwestern Ontario. The Engineering team is responsible for the technical support of seven (7) radio stations located in Windsor, Leamington and Chatham. Reporting to the Director of Operations and the local Branch Manager, this position will be primarily responsible for the Windsor-Essex operations with support to Chatham. The broadcast engineer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all aspects of the radio stations technical operations from the computer systems and servers to the control room and transmitter equipment. As part of our team, the successful candidate will work mainly out of Windsor with travel and support to the other markets as required.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of audio and transmission equipment, computer equipment and associated servers, and networks.
- Maintenance of Wheatstone AoIP audio distribution system and MediaTouch on air system.
- Develop studio and transmitter projects in conjunction with the Directors of Engineering.
- Develop and maintain technical records and drawings using MS Excel, Visio and Google Apps.
- Maintain stock for engineering parts and supplies.
- Liaise with other departments on technical matters.
- 24hour OnCall response to emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Graduate of recognized Broadcast Technician, Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
- Minimum five (5) year’s experience as broadcast engineer or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with FM and AM transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and Local Area Networks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal support as part of a cooperative team in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive in maintenance and repair of studio and transmitter equipment.
- Proficiency with hand tools and soldering.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see projects and tasks through to completion.
- The successful candidate will hold a valid Ontario G driver’s license as some travel required to assist other branches as needed.
- Proficient in English, spoken and written.
- Must be physically fit and able to care out all duties and responsibilities safely and independently.
Please forward your resume in confidence to [email protected] Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Blackburn Radio Inc. encourages diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.